The Children’s Bridge is presenting an Information Evening on Adopting a Child Living with HIV. The goal is to provide information to those who are considering, or already are in the process of adopting a child living with HIV or for family and friends of the adopting family wanting to learn more. The event will also be useful to adoption practitioners. *This event is open to all families, not just those families adopting through The Children’s Bridge.
This event is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about:
- Basic facts about HIV – transmission, treatment and risk factors
- Parenting a child living with HIV
- Psycho-social issues such as stigma, discrimination and disclosure
- Anti-retroviral treatments including information regarding provincial drug plans and insurance
- Resources and support groups in Ontario
- The adoption process – countries/programs, the citizenship and immigration process, including HIV in your homestudy
Special Guest Speaker: Dr. Anne-Marie Zajdlik (Masai Centre, Guelph, HIV/AIDS pediatrician)
When: Saturday, April 14th, 2012, 7:00PM to 9:00PM
Where: Holiday Inn, 2565 Argentia Road, Mississauga, Ontario
Suggested Donation: $10/per person or $20 per family to the Bracelet of Hope Foundation: http://www.braceletofhope.ca
***Any donations to The Bracelet of Hope Campaign can be made on the evening of the Information Session. Small items will also be available for sale with all proceeds going towards various HIV/AIDS related charities.
Please RSVP by April 6th, 2012 to Karyn Bakelaar (Program Manager HIV & Kids Adoption Program) at firstname.lastname@example.org.